When you look at a stunning South Indian bride, do you wonder what makes her look so special? Is it the intricate 22-carat gold jewellery adorning her body or is it her dark tresses tied together with beautiful jasmine gajras making her smell heavenly? Or is it her priceless designer Kanjivaram saree that looks a bit different from most bridal outfits?
We, at WeddingBazaar, have spent a lot of time studying her beauty and observing how brides from all over the country dress, and we've finally figured out what makes South Indian brides stand out more than the others. It is, in fact, her choice of outfit- A Saree Lehenga (or a Lehenga Saree or Pattu half-saree, as some like to call it).
Now we know as future brides, you're always looking left, right and centre for your bridal outfit inspiration. If you're looking to take things up a notch with your wedding outfit while still sticking to the traditional ways of dressing up, then this is where you need to be! Check out our list of inspiring saree lehengas designs for your wedding, that will make for a fantastic addition to your bridal trousseau.
Best Saree Lehenga Designs For The Off-Beat Brides
For years now, South Indian brides have brought forward some of the most exquisite saree lehenga designs for us to admire. Honestly, there's nothing more elegant and awe-inspiring than a bride in an elegant saree lehenga, paired with beautiful family heirlooms. And they're probably the best way to say yes to both a saree and a lehenga at the same time! Scroll down to check out our roundup of some of the most amazing and hassle-free Pattu sarees for brides who are getting married soon!
1. A Vivid Magenta & Golden Half Saree
This magenta and golden half-saree is sure to add a glow to your face and is perfect for your Pellikuthuru or Mehendi ceremony!
Source SHUTTER SQUAD STUDIOS
2. A Dark Green Half Saree With Pink Borders
We are mesmerized by this traditional green and pink half saree and also this heartwarming mother-daughter picture!
Source Sahitya Reddy
3. A Vivid Contrast Pattu Half Saree
This light green-blue half saree with bright red-orange borders is the perfect summer wedding outfit!
Source Neel Chavan Photography
4. Vibrant Half Sarees
Take a look at these beautiful women wearing the prettiest half-sarees in rich shades and get inspired!
Source Chetna Mallya
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
5. White & Purple Half Saree
This white and purple half-saree with golden details is perfect for a modern bride who wants her bridal outfit to be both traditional and modern.
Source Nikitha Anand Makeup Studio
6. Fluorescent Green & Pink Half Saree
We cannot take our eyes off this lightweight fluorescent green and pink half-saree!
Source Saranj Photography
7. Bright Coral Half Saree
Let this bright half-saree with hues of orange inspire your summer wedding outfit!
8. Yellow & Purple Contrast Half Saree
This yellow and purple contrast half-saree makes for such a vibrant Mehendi outfit!
9. Lilac & Red Half Saree
This vibrant red and lilac half saree is giving us major lehenga-saree goals!
Source Sai Krishna Gunti
10. Sky Blue & Purple Half Saree
Check out this gorgeous sky blue and purple half saree for your Sangeet night!
Exquisite Temple Jewellery Necklaces: The Epitome of South Indian Bridal Elegance!
11. Pink & Blue Half Saree
How cool and refreshing is this sky-blue half saree with pink borders! It is just perfect for your Mehendi ceremony!
Source Craftsmen Atelier
12. Yellow, Red & Green Half Saree
We love this voluminous yellow, red and green half saree for your Pellikuthuru or Haldi ceremony!
13. White & Red Half Saree
This red and white saree is so beautiful in all its simplicity. We recommend it for your engagement ceremony!
If you’re looking for Makeup Artists?See All
14. Colourful Half Saree
These colourful half sarees are perfect for any pre-wedding function to add a glow to your face and liven up the atmosphere!
Source Bhargavi Kunam
15. Green & Golden Half Saree
This green and golden half saree looks so fresh and is perfect for your summer wedding!
16. Red & White Half Saree
This simple red and white half saree looks so simple and sublime! It's perfect for your pre-wedding festivities!
Shot by Wedding Stories, Chennai
17. Green & Blue Half Saree
This green and blue half saree looks so soothing and pretty for a summer or monsoon wedding!
Source KRISH PHOTOGRAPHY
18. Pretty Lime Green & Pink Pattu Saree For Engagement Ceremony
This bride's stunning lime green and pink lehenga saree is a mesmerising bridal outfit idea worth pinning!
Source Light Bucket Productions
19. GORG Magenta Lehenga Saree With A Touch of Rose Gold!
We're in love with this gorgeous magenta saree with a touch of rose gold paired with a wide-neck simple blouse and some fine jewellery! Oh! Don't forget to twirl, girl!
Source Ayva Design Studio
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
20. A Regal Purple-Red Saree Lehenga With A Golden Work
This regal purple and red saree lehenga is a piece worth bookmarking for all the brides to be out there.
Source Golden Shutter
21. Confused Between A Saree & A Lehenga? 🥻 Wear Both Of Them Together!
Want a hassle-free way to dress up in a Pattu half sarees? This ensemble with a beaded blouse is admirable beyond imagination.
Source Focuz Studios
22. Looking For A Saree Lehenga in Hues Of Pink? This Bridal Wear Outfit To Your Rescue!
A rough pink saree lehenga with a beige puffed sleeve blouse is one of the best saree ideas for a wedding reception.
23. Obsessed With Red Pattu Half-Saree? This Bride Who Wore It Beautifully!
Looking for something suitable for your D-Day? Check out this charming red saree lehenga with a heavy pallu and contrasting blouse.
24. Or, How About This Hot Pink Lehenga Saree That Is Giving Us Major #SareeLehenega Goals?
Nothing will dazzle more than an attractive hot pink lehenga saree with hints of gold and yellow for your wedding day.
Source SP Eastland
25. Don't Know What To Wear For Your Peppy Mehndi Function? This Outfit is The One For You...
With the right mix of yellow off-white and pink, this is one the best South Indian bride's saree lehenga designs for a peppy Mehendi function!
26. Glow Up With This Sunny Yellow Lehenga Saree That is 🤩
Want to pull off a sunny yellow with off-white on your wedding day? Choose a saree lehenga in those shades!
27. Silver & Yellow Never Looked This Good Together!
Have you ever seen something so serene? Bring out your inner goddess with a charming mix of silver and light yellow in the form of a pattu half-saree lehenga.
28. You Can Also Wear An Embroidered Pattu Saree With A Dazzling Temple Jewellery!
We're huge fans of this outfit that meshes stone blue, orange and salmon pink with golden embroidery done so perfectly.
29. A Detailed Sangeet Ensemble For Your Bridal Trunk
Pick a baby pink-coloured, hand-embroidered, saree lehenga for your sangeet ceremony and dazzle everyone with your finesse.
30. Quintessential! A Graceful Red Saree Paired With Statement Pearl Jewellery That is 💖
There's nothing more graceful than a pure red saree lehenga with statement-making pearl jewellery as your wedding day attire.
Source Yaalini Ilankumaran
31. And, We Are Drooling Over This South Indian Blogger Who Also Wore A Stunning Half-Saree Lehenga!
Trendy South Indian blogger, Sam Reddy, and her sisters showcased some of the more exquisite saree lehenga designs and we're starstruck by the colours and jewels on them!
32. Entrepreneur Tia Bhuva Also Showed Us How To Wear A Pattu Saree Like A Boss!
Tia Bhuva, being a pro at draping sarees, shows us how it's done with this wonderful and uniquely draped saree lehengas.
Source Tia Bhuva
33. Or, How About This Stunning Pink Outfit For The Pellikuthuru Ceremony?
This vibrant lehenga saree is a major minimal wedding outfit goal. We suggest you get yourselves something as bright and lively as her saree lehenga!
34. In Love With Black? Wear This Elegant Saree Lehenga & Thank Us Later :)
Want to set a statement with your outfit? Check out this phenomenal black lehenga saree for brides that will leave everyone in awe.
Source Sindhu Reddy Design House
35. A Divine Peach Saree Lehenga For Brides
Brides, get your hands on a pretty peach Pattu saree lehenga with silver embroidery and zari work for a day-time function. Thank us later ;)
36. A Bubblegum Pink Saree Lehenga For Your Mehendi
If you're into peppy and vibrant colours like bright pink and orange, then choose something similar to this bride, who is completely slayed with her look.
Source Vistaar Custom Collection
37. An Off-White Lehenga Saree With A Pretty Wide Border
Need something more subtle yet pleasing to the eyes, try something on the more off-white side with a wide border, like this saree lehenga design.
Source Sindhu Reddy Design House
38. Scintillating Silk Saree Lehenga That is Pleasing To The Eyes!
Pleasing to the eyes and graceful in every way, this scintillating silk saree lehenga is what every bride should include in her wardrobe.
39. Electrifying Green & Pink South Indian Saree Lehenga Design
Be the trendy South Indian bride in an electrifying pink and green saree lehenga design.
40. Elegant Red & Brown Saree Lehenga With Intricate Embroidery
Looking for an elegant saree lehenga? This South Indian bride looks stunning in this red and brown outfit.
Source CrackJack Photography