Shot by Naman Verma Photography, Delhi
Although wedding vows are new to Indian weddings, we don’t see a reason not to include something that will make your partner feel special on your wedding day. Making promises for the rest of your life with the help of wedding vows is a great idea to celebrate your love for each other. Whether its the romantic poetry, funny love quotes or emotional promises - wedding vows is a beautiful way to express your feelings for your better half. And, to make it easier for you we have curated the 20 wedding vows quotes, which you can include in your speech to help you pour out your heart to your partner.
So, brides and grooms, if you're finding it tricky to express your feelings, then bookmark these popular wedding vow quotes and thank us later.
Trending Wedding Vow Quotes
Trending Wedding Vow Quotes For Groom-To-Be
You have got lucky to have found your best friend in the love of your life cos you are going to spend the rest of your life with him by your side as your husband. On your special day, brides-to-be incorporate these famous wedding vows quotes to make this day more special for him.
“He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”—Emily Bronte
“To love a person is to see all of their magic, and to remind them of it when they have forgotten.” —Unknown
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to leave without you.”—Winne the Pooh, A.A. Milne
"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes." —Unknown
"And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you." — Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
Unique Wedding Vows For To-Be-Bride
Ever since she walked into your life, she has been your love, your best friend, your inspiration and your go-to person for every little update in your life. Soon on your wedding day, she will walk down the aisle to hold your hand forever. You got to make her day special by reciting a heartfelt wedding vow just for her. Use these love quotes as inspirations to write a wedding vow for her.
"It's amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can't remember how you lived without them." —Anurag Prakash Ray
"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." —Harry, When Harry Met Sally
"I have for the first time found what I can truly love. I have found you.” — Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
"I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." — Leo Christopher
"You make me happier than I ever thought I could be and if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." — Chandler, proposing to Monica on Friends
Here are Some Romantic Wedding Vows To Make Your Day Special
Source Shades Photography
Although not traditionally done in India, exchanging wedding vows must be a thing at your wedding ceremony for it is the only exchange of words between the bride and groom on a special day. A romantic quote is a great way to incorporate a simple expression into your vows while also adding meaningful prose.
"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr Seuss
"In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." — Maya Angelou
"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive." — Unknown
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” — Melissa Brown, Picturing Perfect
"Falling for him wasn't falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home." - Anonymous
"I would not wish any companion in the world but you." — Shakespeare, The Tempest
Funny Wedding Vows For You To Make Them Laugh Their Hearts Out On Your Big Day!
If you want to make the ceremony lighthearted, a funny quote could be the perfect addition. Whether it is watching the Netflix series together (always) to not making round-rotis' these personalised wedding vows to revamp your 'Saat Pheras' are surely funny to melt your partner's heart.
"I vow to be your spell checker, grammar friend and tell you when things need hyphens. I promise to be your partner in exercise, even if I am much faster than you, and most of all, I promise to try things, even though I am sure I will not like them, just because you say, 'Try this!'" - Unknown
"I vow not to carry on watching a Netflix series we started together without you. Or at least pretend it’s the first time I’ve watched it when we watch it again." - Unknown
"I vow to love you even when you’re 45 and still play Xbox." - Anonymous
"I promise to be your co-pilot, your navigator, and to bring snacks on our road trip through life."- Unknown
If you’re looking for Photographers?See All
Tips For Writing The Perfect Wedding Vow For Your Partner
While we hope that these quotes help you write wedding vows that describe your love for them, wedding vows are too personal for every couple who is getting married soon. Remember that wedding vows are words that speak about your love for them, there is no right or wrong way to write them. So, get a paper and pen and spill your heart out. Here are some tips for you to write the best wedding vows for them.
- Choose the language and tone you are comfortable with: English, Hindi, Hinglish or any other language, it doesn’t matter as long as your partner understands. Remember that you are writing these wedding vows to make him/her feel loved. Whichever language and tone you choose, be it romantic or playful, should make you both happy at the end.
- Your wedding vow should be a reflection of your relationship: Consider your relationship before you start writing. What brought you to this point in your life? When did you first realise that you became "the one?" When did you first realise you were in love? What recollections come to mind? A little bit of thought can lead to a lot of ideas and considering your relationship can be very helpful when writing your wedding vows.
- Tell them your favourite things about them: Tell them why you love them, what makes them unique, and what qualities they possess that make them your forever person.
- Promise them your love: What can you promise them, or at the very least what you'll try to achieve? That could be sticking by their side through thick and thin, remembering to make them coffee in the morning or never playing the song they despise or loving someone even though you don't agree with them.
- Well, do not give out too much information: Keep in mind that you'll be speaking in front of an audience, so don't say anything you'll regret. Save the embarrassing details for later.
- Write them a letter: If your vows become too long, including some of those beautiful phrases in your letter. It's also a perfect opportunity to put those TMI tidbits you can't stop yourself from sharing.
- Don’t wait till the last minute to write your wedding vows: There are going to be so many times that you would want to rewrite or rephrase them, maybe to add something that you suddenly remembered or to remove a detail that you wouldn’t want everyone to know.
We hope that this helps you to write perfect wedding vows for your partner to make them feel even more special on your wedding day. Tell us about your wedding vows in the comment section of our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram for instant wedding industry updates.
Let us know what else would you like to know about & don’t forget to follow us to get notified every time we upload a new post for you!
20 Trending Wedding Vow Quotes
20 Trending Wedding Vow Quotes