Source Ramit Batra Photography
For he has been your first love, forever hero and most importantly your BFF who has been there for you no matter what, he deserves some special treatment on your wedding day! Your wedding is, undoubtedly, the happiest day of his life. And what makes that day even more special? A father-daughter dance.
Father-daughter dance songs are an integral part of many weddings and special occasions. These songs hold a sentimental significance as they symbolize the bond and love between a father and his daughter. So, we've compiled a list of some popular and heartwarming father-daughter dance songs often chosen for this special moment.
Here’s a list of songs that you can choose to perform with the best man in your life before you walk down the aisle to start this new phase of your life!
Trending Father-Daughter Dance Songs – Some Emotional Ones!
Shot by Naman Verma Photography, Delhi
1. 'Stand By Me' By Ben E. King Is Your Choice
There are many songs that leave a mark on you upon just first hearing them. Stand by Me is that song. In fact, this song has been renditioned so many times, you've probably heard many versions of it. But nothing beats the original.
2. How Can ‘Heer’ from Jab Tak Hai Jaan Not be On This List?
Your wedding is the day he has been waiting for since the day you were born but this day also happens to be the one he has been dreading for you are going away from him. Tell him about your feeling through this number as Katrina Kaif did in the movie.
3. 'Ballerina Girl' By Lionel Richie Is A Soulful Pick
"Ballerina Girl" is a sentimental and tender ballad dedicated to Richie's daughter, Nicole Richie, who was a young girl at the time. And just like how the singer serenades his daughter, this 1986 hit is ideal for a father-daughter dance.
4. Camila Cabello's 'First Man' Will Bring You To Tears
'First Man' is a heartfelt ballad dedicated to Cabello's father. The lyrics express gratitude and love for her father's unwavering support and guidance throughout her life. And for your father-daughter dance, 'First Man' is just the right heartfelt song to dance to.
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
5. 'Laadki' from Angrezi Medium Made Us Cry Bad!
This has to be our special track. Have a slow and emotional dance with your father, and we're sure you'll cherish the memories for the rest of your life. This one also has a soothing male version, choose your favourite one for your special dance performance
Also Check: Top 50+ Wedding Choreographers in Indore
6. 'Never Grow Up' By Taylor Swift Is A Father Daughter's Dream Dance
"Never Grow Up" is a poignant ballad that explores the bittersweet emotions associated with growing up. The lyrics depict nostalgia for childhood and the desire to hold onto those innocent and carefree moments that a parent shares with their child. It's a song that will make you emotional, sure. But a slow dance on this will be perfect.
7. Amos Lee's 'Sweet Pea' Is A Wedding Classic
A classic from 2005, Sweet Pea is a light and charming acoustic folk-pop song that depicts a playful sentiment of love towards and endearing person. And that endearing person to your father is you.
8. Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder's songs are classic and 'Isn't She Lovely' is just one of the songs that hit every music lover the right way. If you're planning a nice slow dance, then this song should definitely be on your wedding playlist.
9. India’s Favourite Wedding Song ‘Dilbaro’ from ‘Raazi’ Lives in Our Hearts!
“Ungli pakad ke tune, chalna sikhaya tha na, dehleez oonchi hai ye, paar karaa de” These lyrics hit us so hard. We can imagine ourselves dancing to this with our fathers.
10. 'Tu Jo Mila' from Bajrangi Bhaijaan Makes Us Emotional Every Time!
The lyrics are perfect, the music is soft, and the mood is comforting. If you're looking for a fairytale father-daughter dance, this is a great choice.
Check Out : Best Wedding Choreographers in Kolkata
11, ‘Tera Yaar Hoon Main’ from ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’
Some fathers and daughters are best friends before anything else. They can straight up walk to their father and talk about what’s on their mind without bothering about anything else. For such a father-daughter duo. This one has to be the ideal song.
12. Mere Babula from Jawani Jaaneman
Jawaani Jaaneman's heartfelt song "Mere Baabula" depicts the distance between father and daughter. This will just hit the right chords. Not only for your father but also you, the wedding is an emotional experience. So, for your father-daughter dance, make sure you get the dance down pat or hire a choreographer to help you perfect the moment on stage.
13. Father’s Day Special by Shriya Jain
We have always been jealous of our brothers for being able to play ‘Papa Kehte Hai Bada Naam Karega’ for Dad until Shriya Jain came up with a special mash-up of two of our favourite songs - Papa kehte hain & Dilbaro
If you’re looking for Choreographers?See All
14. Tu Mera Dil Tu Meri Jaan from Akele Hum Akele Tum
This song has a special place in our hearts. It's a one-of-a-kind '90s song that evokes emotions and is perfect for dancing with your father.
Check More: Top Wedding Sangeet Choreographers in Chennai
15. 'Main Koi Aisa Geet Gaoon' from Yes Boss is One of the Reasons Why We Can’t Get Over 90’s Bollywood
While Juhi Chawla and Shahrukh Khan looked adorable in the movie, it was our dad in real life who made sure all our wishes turn into reality. With a dad like that, you must perform this beautiful song at your wedding.
Latest Father-Daughter Dance Songs – Some Peppy Dance Numbers!
Source MnM Foto
16. 'Gud Naal Ishq' Mitta from Ek Ladki ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Tops the List!
While the original version of the song had a charm of its own, we can’t help but obsess over this version from the 2019 blockbuster. Sonam Kapoor and Anil Kapoor being the perfect father-daughter duo both in real and reel life simply owned the screen. This one is a great number to groove with your daddy on your big day!
17. Show Off Your Thumkas With 'Show Me The Thumka'
Okay people, if you're looking to groove with your father on with some added 'thumkas' then this is the track for you!
18. Show Off Your Moves With 'Discowale Khisko' from Dil Bole Hadippa
All the disco and bhangra lovers in the house, this one's for you. Jam to this dance number with your dad on your sangeet night and make sure your peers join you!
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
19. Side Step To The Beat Of 'Butter' by BTS With Your Dad
For all the daughters that love BTS, this one's for you. Bust some new-age moves with your dad on Butter by BTS, a new-age classic that everyone's going to love dancing to.
20. 'Dance Like Yo Daddy' To Meghan Trainor's Tunes With Your Father
What's more to say? Just dance like your dad on this upbeat tune!
Check More: Best 100+ Wedding Djs in Hyderabad
21. 'Baari Barsi' from Bloody Daddy Is The Bhangra Anthem This Year
If anything pipes the mood up, it's a cool bhangra track from the latest Shahid Kapoor flick. Put your dancing shoes on with your dad and hit the dance floor with this amazing track.
22. Work Some Old School Moves With Classics 'Rock & Roll Soniye'
For all the people that lived through the age of classics, this song from 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' is probably one of the tracks that still makes us shake our feet and recreate the steps naturally.
23. A Performance With Your Dad on 'Tenu Lehenga’ Is Gonna Be So Perfect!
Well, not gonna lie. Our dads have spoilt us a little too much all our lives. What can be better than a dance performance to ask your dad for your dream bridal lehenga? Isn't it?
24. Katrina Kaif’s Moves in 'Nachde Ne Saare' Makes Us Wanna Groove!
This number from the movie ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ gave us an ultimate dance number to groove at weddings to come for years. The catchy lyrics and happy vibes of the song make us wanna hit the dance floor right away! Oh! Not to miss, how gorgeous Katrina Kaif looked in that stunning floral pink lehenga.
See More: Best Wedding DJs in India
25. Dance With Your Favourite Man On ‘Jugni’ from ‘Tanu Weds Manu’
If you are looking for a funky, full-of-life number to dance with your daddy on your special day, there can’t be a better option than this one, after all, your dad knows your nakhre like no one else!
26. Groove to ‘Kudi Nu Nachne De’ from ‘Angrezi Medium’ with your Uber Cool Dad!
This is such a happy number! We have been dancing to this one ever since the song came out and why not! It's happy, groovy and so meaningful. Give an awesome dance performance with your dad who has been there for you no matter what!
27. You Are No One’s ‘Cutiepie’ More Than Your Dad's!
Ever since Ae Dil Hai Mushkil came out in the year 2016, this one has been the quintessential sangeet song. While performance on this is essential, why not groove on this one with your cutie-pie father? :P
Check Out: Best Wedding Djs in Delhi NCR
28. For All Shah Rukh Khan Fans in the House, ‘Maahi Ve’ from ‘Kal Ho Na Ho' Is The Ultimate Wedding Dance Number!
If you happen to be an SRK fan like us, you were already expecting this one on the list. While this movie took us on an emotional roller coaster ride, it also gave us some amazing songs for all our moods. This one is a perfect song for a performance with your first love!
29. Groove with Your Daddy Dearest To ‘Shava Shava’ From ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’
As someone who loves Bollywood, this one has been on our dance playlist forever. BRB! Got to listen to this one, right now! PS: We are obsessed with the movie and this song.
30. We Hop On The Dance Floor Every Time ‘Gallan Goodiyaan’ Is Played!
The perfect family wedding dance performance from the movie ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ had to be on the list. A fun-filled performance on this one with your dad, even better with your fam, is gonna be reminisced about forever!
31. ‘Jaane Kyu’ from ‘Dostana’ Is All About Celebrating Life with Your BFF & Isn’t He The First BFF You Had?
“Jaane kyu dil jaanta hai, Tu hai to I’ll be alright” Don’t these lines exactly describe our love for our fathers? They have been our anchors throughout our life and it's time we should know.
32. This Recreated Version of 'Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye' Is Excellent For An Adorable Performance With Your Dad!
For you two who have always got each other's back, this number is an ideal one. Groove to this one with your favourite man to celebrate your special bond.
33. Another Super Fun Number From The Movie Partner Is ‘Soni De Nakhre’
The charm of Govinda grooving to upbeat Bollywood music remains unmatched. Soni De Nakhre is an ideal song for you to perform with your dad for he knows and loves your nakhre more than anyone else.
34. ‘Navrai Majhi’ from ‘English Vinglish’ Is The Peppy Dance Number For Your Wedding!
This seems like a custom-made song describing what every father feels watching his little girl walking down the aisle. “Suniyo ji isko, rakhiyo jatan se, ye badi naazuk hai, naazuk hai, nazuk, kali yeh anmol, kali yeh anmol” hit us hard.
35. ‘London Thumakda’ From ‘Queen’ Is On Every Wedding Playlist Since Its Release
London Thumakda from the movie Quern has been our go-to dance number at every wedding that we attend. This peppy song is ideal for not only a father-daughter dance performance but also fam jam.
Check Out: Best Wedding Djs in Pune
36. Tanu Weds Manu’s ‘Banno’ Should Be You & Your Father's Jam
The movie gave us numerous wedding songs to shake our legs on, one such peppy number is this one that describes exactly how your dad sees you.
37. ‘Punjabiyaan Di Battery’ Never Really Ends, Especially At A Wedding
This one is the ultimate dance number to dance with your Punjabi dad like no tomorrow. This high of life kinda song is custom-made for you and your best man to do the Bhangra on!
See More: Top Wedding Djs in Chennai
38. Aditya and Geet Grooving on ‘Mauja Hi Mauja’ in Jab We Met is Everything!
We are obsessed with this movie. Everything from songs to stories to performances, this movie is pure goals. This number by Mika Singh has us moving every time it is played.
39. 'Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe' Kitna Bhi Humko Deewana!
When his level of crazy matches your level of crazy and your mom is annoyed with you both, you are the ideal father-daughter duo. Dance with your favourite man to this one & have your audience in awe.
40. ‘Masakali’ From Dilli 6 is As Groovy As It Is Beautiful
We will be honest, we can listen to this song on a loop, with or without any dance, the magical voice of Mohit Chauhan, the work of maestro AR Rahman and lyrics that talks to us came together to create this magical number. Dance on this one with your daddy dearest will be a treat!
Also Check: Best Wedding Djs in Bangalore
These songs, among others, offer a range of emotions and sentiments, allowing the father and daughter to share a memorable and emotional dance together. Ultimately, the best song choice is one that holds personal meaning and reflects the unique relationship between the father and daughter involved. So, pick your favourite one and start practising now!