Your wedding day is a celebration of love. It's a day that reflects your unique story and style. So, as you plan this once-in-a-lifetime event, one of the most exciting decisions to make is selecting the perfect decor and colour scheme!
Do you plan on having your pheras indoors, surrounded by the elegance and intimacy of an enclosed space, or will you embrace the beauty of the great outdoors with an alfresco celebration? Whichever you choose, the decor and colour palette play a pivotal role in setting the tone and ambience for your special day! To help you make the right decision, we're going to delve into the question that riddles everyone's mind- Indoor vs. outdoor wedding decoration colours- which ones work for you? Whether you're drawn to the romance of an indoor affair or the natural beauty of an outdoor celebration, our insights into the right colour palettes will help your wedding dream come true.
So, scroll down and unlock the wedding colours that will help your wedding decor slay- be it indoors or outdoors!
Indoor VS Outdoor Wedding Decor Colour Ideas
Indoor Wedding Decor
Source Mint and Mogra
Indoor wedding decor is decorating and styling a wedding inside a building or enclosed space, such as a banquet hall, temple, hotel, or any indoor venue. When planning an indoor wedding, there are various elements from indoor wedding decoration ideas you can consider to create a beautiful atmosphere. The choice of these elements will depend on various things like your personal style, the theme of your wedding and your budget!
Elements That Can Be Used For Indoor Wedding Decor
Source Abhinav Bhagat Events
- Floral Arrangements are a classic and essential element of wedding decor. Consider using fresh blooms in centrepieces, bouquets, boutonnieres and floral installations like arches and chandeliers.
- Lighting in the form of string lights, chandeliers, candles and table lamps
- Vibrant (and on theme) table decor!
- Ceiling Decor like ceiling drapery, hanging floral arrangements, or chandeliers to enhance the overall atmosphere.
- Custom signs like seating arrangements, welcome boards and menu boards.
- Centerpieces that can include elaborate or understated designs depending on your style. You can use flowers, candles, lanterns or unique objects that tie into your theme.
- Aisle Decor which includes decorating the aisle with flower petals, candles, lanterns, or other decor that matches your theme.
- Draped fabric that can be used for arches, ceilings, or to create defined spaces within the venue.
- Items that align with the theme of your wedding function like vintage decor items or retro-inspired items.
- A decorative backdrop can serve as a focal point for the ceremony. This can be a floral arch, a draped fabric backdrop, or any other element that complements the wedding theme.
Colours That Are Ideal For Indoor Wedding Decor
Here are some colours that look stunning in indoor wedding decor:
Navy Blue + Gold
Source Akbar Sayed Photography
Navy Blue and Gold is an excellent choice for indoor wedding decor. This colour combination is a classic and elegant option that has been popular for weddings for a long time. When using navy blue and gold for your indoor wedding decor, consider adding white or ivory as a neutral accent to prevent the colour scheme from becoming too overwhelming. You can also incorporate elements like gold candle holders, navy blue table runners, and gold-rimmed glassware to enhance the overall look!
Black + Gold
Black and Gold can indeed be a striking and elegant choice for indoor wedding decor. This colour combination offers a sense of luxury, sophistication, and timeless beauty. Black and gold exude a sense of opulence and formality, creating a rich and luxurious ambience that is ideal for upscale and sophisticated indoor weddings. To make the most of a black and gold colour scheme, consider incorporating other colours as well. White or ivory can provide a beautiful contrast and help lighten the overall look. Additionally, you might use metallic shades of gold, such as rose gold or antique gold, to add depth and variation to the colour palette.
One of the best colours for indoor wedding decor is purple! Purple is a versatile colour that can create various atmospheres depending on the shades and combinations you use. Using shades like deep eggplant or royal purple can bring an elegant and regal feel to your indoor wedding. Lighter shades of purple, such as lavender or lilac, work well for spring and summer weddings, while deep purples like eggplant or plum can be perfect for fall and winter weddings. You can also play with purple decor by incorporating accents in purple alongside a neutral base, such as ivory or silver, to create an elegant and harmonious look.
Source Eventrics Weddings
Peach is a soft, warm, and romantic colour that can create a charming and inviting atmosphere for your indoor wedding. Peach is often associated with romance and sweetness, making it a fitting choice for a wedding. It can add a warm and loving ambience to your indoor celebration. Pairing peach with soft pastels can create a romantic and ethereal atmosphere while pairing it with gold or navy blue can add an element of sophistication and contrast. It's a colour that remains a classic choice for weddings, especially if they're indoors.
White + Gold
Source Alfaaz Photography
White and gold is a classic and timeless colour combination that works exceptionally well for indoor wedding decor. This colour scheme is beautifully simple yet incredibly sophisticated. It allows you to create a chic, refined, and uncluttered look that emphasizes the beauty of your wedding venue. When using white and gold for indoor wedding decor, it's essential to maintain balance. Too much gold can be overwhelming, so consider using white as the primary colour and incorporating gold as an accent. You can do this through gold accents on table settings, gold candelabras, and gold metallic details.
Outdoor Wedding Decor
Source Mint and Mogra
Outdoor wedding decor is the styling of a wedding that takes place in an outdoor setting, such as a garden, beach, vineyard, garden or any other natural or outdoor venue. Outdoor weddings offer a unique and picturesque backdrop for couples who prefer to exchange their vows in the beauty of nature. The decor for outdoor weddings is designed to enhance the outdoor surroundings, create a romantic atmosphere and complement the overall theme of the wedding.
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
Elements That Can Be Used For Outdoor Wedding Decor
Decor by Samani Decorators , Mumbai
- Arch or Mandap as a focal point. This structure can be adorned with flowers, greenery, fabric, or other decorative elements.
- Floral Arrangements made with fresh flowers. They're a prominent feature in outdoor wedding decor, used in bouquets, centrepieces, aisle markers and more. The choice of flowers should harmonize with the natural surroundings.
- Aisle Decor that includes adorning the aisle with flower petals, lanterns, candles or other decorative markers to create a captivating path for the bride and groom.
- Seating Arrangements where you work best in your outdoor setting, whether it's wooden benches, folding chairs or other options. Decorative chair covers or sashes can add a touch of elegance.
- Creative Lighting including string lights, lanterns, candles and torches, to enhance the ambience, especially for evening events.
- Table Settings that match your theme. This may include tablecloths, runners, place settings, and centrepieces.
- Canopies and Tents to provide shade, shelter or just some extra seating area. These structures can also be decorated with fabric, chandeliers or other elements.
- Custom Signage that is used to display guides for guests, display the schedule and add a personalized touch. Welcome signs, directional signs and seating charts are common choices.
- Themed Decor works amazingly for outdoor weddings. You can incorporate decor elements that align with that theme, such as vintage items for a rustic wedding or boho-chic details for a bohemian celebration.
Colours That Are Ideal For Outdoor Wedding Decor
Here are some colours that look stunning in outdoor wedding decor:
Yes, you read that right- Magenta, more popularly known as Viva Magenta (Pantone Colour of the year 2023). Magenta is a fantastic choice for outdoor wedding decor! It is a bold and vibrant colour that can add a lively and energetic atmosphere to your outdoor wedding. It's perfect for couples who want their wedding to stand out and make a statement. Since Magenta works well year-round, it can add a pop of colour to spring and summer weddings and create a warm and rich feel for fall outdoor weddings. Complementary colours like white, green, or gold can help balance the intensity of magenta. Additionally, you can use magenta in smaller details like floral arrangements, bridesmaid dresses, or ribbon accents, rather than using it for large swaths of decor.
Shades of Pink
Pink is a versatile and popular colour that can create a variety of atmospheres, from soft and romantic to bright and lively. When using shades of pink for outdoor wedding decor, consider the formality of your event and the season. Lighter shades like blush and pastel pink are well-suited for spring and summer weddings, while deeper shades like mauve or dusty rose can add a touch of sophistication to a fall or winter outdoor wedding. Pink can be used as the primary colour for your decor or as an accent colour alongside a neutral base, such as ivory or gold, to create a soft and harmonious look.
White With Various Muted Colours
Source Elegant Events & Company
White is a timeless colour that can create a variety of atmospheres. And when paired with other muted or neutral colours the result can range from classic and elegant to light and airy. White brings a fresh and clean feel to your outdoor decor, making it ideal for spring and summer weddings. White can be incorporated into various elements, such as table settings, linens, arches, and flowers, creating a cohesive and harmonious look. Whether you're planning a garden wedding, a beach wedding, or an outdoor rustic celebration, white can adapt to your chosen setting and style.
Though generally considered a haldi decor colour, yellow is a pretty great choice for a regular outdoor wedding. Yellow is associated with happiness, energy, and optimism, and it can create a lively and cheerful atmosphere for your outdoor celebration. Lighter shades like pastel yellow and lemon yellow are ideal for spring and summer weddings, while deeper shades like mustard or golden yellow can be incorporated for a more formal or fall outdoor wedding. Yellow can also be used as the primary colour for your decor or as an accent alongside other colours to create a harmonious look.
Red can be a beautiful and striking choice for outdoor wedding decor. Red works well in various seasons. It can add a pop of colour to spring and summer weddings and create a rich and cosy ambience for fall and winter outdoor weddings. Red is often used in cultural and themed weddings and can be incorporated into the decor to honour traditions and create a visually striking atmosphere. To successfully use red for outdoor wedding decor, consider using it as an accent colour rather than the dominant hue. For example, you can use red for details like floral arrangements, ribbons, or bridesmaid dresses while incorporating complementary colours like white, green, or gold into the overall decor to balance the intensity of red. Red can also be used as a pop of colour in your table settings, such as with red napkins or red floral centrepieces.
Check Out: How To Integrate RED Colour in Your Wedding!
In the world of weddings, decisions often come down to personal preference and the unique vision of the couple tying the knot. Choosing the right decor and colour palette can be a delightful yet challenging aspect of wedding planning. Whether you've fallen in love with the idea of an indoor ceremony surrounded by elegance or an outdoor celebration kissed by the sun and nature's beauty, your chosen decor and colour scheme will ultimately set the stage for your special day.