Haldi is undoubtedly the most fun ceremony at a wedding. It is that one event when both, the bride and the groom can let loose and have all the sweet silly fun they want. Turmeric or as we call it, Haldi, is the main catalyst of this sweet silly fun that I am talking about. Now, if you know anything about Haldi, you must be aware that it tends to stain and it is nothing short of a struggle to get rid of these stains from your clothes.
So, this blog is dedicated to helping you solve that problem and let you enjoy your Haldi ceremony to the core.
Let's discuss some easy DIY tips to remove haldi stains from your bridal outfit!
DIY Tips To Remove Haldi Stains
DIY #1: The Baking Soda And Vinegar Way
Baking soda and vinegar should be your first pick when you are trying to remove Haldi stains from your clothes effectively.
- All you need to do is make a paste, mix some vinegar with baking soda and rub it on the stain.
- When you notice that the paste is dry and the stain is fading, scrub it off using some lukewarm water.
DIY #2: The Detergent And Fabric Whitener Method
Source Stories by Joseph Radhik
The detergent is already a product designed to clean your clothes but it is not that powerful on its own. That's why you need to mix it with our star ingredient of this hack which is the fabric whitener.
- Just make a paste using your detergent and fabric whitener together and soak your outfit in it for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Now pour some more fabric whitener on the stained area and scrub it using a toothbrush.
DIY #3: The Corn Starch Way
Source Memoire Photos
Corn Starch is truly a wonderful and in fact, surprising element when it comes to removing turmeric stains from your clothes.
- You just need to rub some cornstarch on the stained area for a minute or two and leave it with the cornstarch on it for 30 minutes.
- Now wash it off with some detergent and lukewarm water.
DIY #4: The White Toothpaste Method
White toothpaste comes to the rescue when you are looking for a quick and reliable Haldi stain removal option.
- You will just need to spread some white toothpaste all over the stained area and scrub it using a toothbrush.
- Now let it sit with the toothpaste on it for 2 to 3 hours. Next, wash it off using some detergent.
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
DIY #5: The Lemon Way
Lemon is the oldest and also quite an effective way when it comes to removing stains from clothes.
- To get rid of the haldi stains from your outfit, just take a half-cut lemon and rub it all over the stained area for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Next, pour some lemon juice over the area that you were rubbing and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Now wash the outfit using some lukewarm water and detergent.
DIY #6: The Glycerin Way
Source Malvika Gupta Bansal
Glycerin is an amazing beauty product but today, it is going to help us remove the Haldi stain from your outfit. How do you ask?
- Just take half a cup of glycerin, half a cup of liquid detergent and two cups of lukewarm water.
- Mix all the ingredients and soak your stained outfit in it for 30 minutes.
- When you take it out, wash the outfit underwater.
#WBTip: Always air dry your outfit under the sun after trying out any of these hacks. The sunlight is great when it comes to fading Haldi stains.
Even though all of these ways of removing Haldi stain from your Haldi outfit are amazing and effective, there are still chances that they might not work for you depending on the fabric of your outfit and the intensity of the stain. In that case, we suggest you take your Haldi-stained outfit to your dry cleaner.